Anthony J. Delevin
Gabriel of Urantia
Born Anthony J. Delevin; My public name is Gabriel of Urantia. This chronology presents an overview of educational experience and personally meaningful ministry, a brief record of my U. S. missionary service to humanity for more than 40 years. During these years my service to churches, spiritual ministries, and as a spiritual counselor provided me and my family only room, board and necessities, without a salary. This continues to be true up to this present day.
Fifth Avenue High School (7th & 8th grade) [Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania]
- Academic Achievement Award
Connelley Vocational High School (9th - 12th grade) [Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania] — graduated 1964
- Specialized in radio and television electronics (2 years)
- Specialized in electric power (2 years)
- Secretary of the Student Council (12th grade)
- Captain of School Patrol
- Director of Student Drama Dept.
- Basketball Captain of team winning intervarsity basketball championship (12th grade)
- 1st Place in All-City Student Singing Contest
Enlisted in U.S. Marines for tour to Vietnam but was denied due to an undiagnosed spinal column birth defect. Father was a 5 year, decorated veteran Marine in World War II, who saw several first landings in the Pacific and many second landings. Learned to understand true honor and loyalty by his example.
INITIAL EXPERIENCE MUSICAL AND MISSIONARY
Recorded fifteen 45 r.p.m’s in Snyder Recording Company [Cleveland, Ohio],
Gateway Studios [Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania],
Vintage Studios [Phoenix, Arizona] and
Future Studios [Sedona, Arizona]
Basically, from the age of 24, I sang, recorded, and wrote spiritual music that I have called CosmoPop. I presently have over a dozen CDs, as well as a style called CosmoWorship with a 40-voice choir and orchestra. Read Musical Resumé
Columbia Steel [Carnegie, Pennsylvania]
- Inventory clerk of steel bars, worked in office using Comptometer and other calculators
- Computer operator, Honeywell mainframe (2 years)
- Selected (at 24 years old) by Columbia Steel Union as a Representative for union causes at a Philadelphia convention, was introduced to then-Governor Milton Shapp. A photo of this encounter can be found at: http://www.gabrielofurantia.net/#Pictures
- Associate Degree, Liberal Arts & Sciences (2 years)
Duquesne University [Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania]
- 18 credits of Theology
- One of the first students at Duquesne University to be involved in the Charismatic Catholic Renewal, which led to an acquaintance with Maria Von Trapp and daughters (of The Sound of Music fame). Agatha Von Trapp became a personal spiritual mentor. A framed letter from her hangs in my office and states:
“‘Wait on the Lord’ is my advice to you and let Jesus handle all your affairs. They could be in no better hands. Wishing you all the blessings of the Lord’s resurrection.”
— Agatha Von Trapp
- Attended Notre Dame University for seminar and convention with charismatic priests and laymen from all over the world
- Ordained for the first time with United Brethren Evangelical, under Rev. Carlton Pearce.
- Attended Catholic charismatic meetings,
- Led Bible studies for all denominations within charismatic renewal, student of Rev. Russell Bix
- Wrote articles for a Catholic charismatic magazine, The Body Builder
Katherine Kuhlman Ministries [Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania]
- Bible student
- Received additional instruction from my personal spiritual advisor, Katherine Kuhlman
- Received certificate of completion for Voice of Prophecy Home Bible Study Course
Hebrew Christian Center (Messianic Jewish Ministry) [Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania]
- Bible student, Instructor and Director Reverend David Nelson, Lutheran Missouri Synod
- Received additional biblical instruction in Old and New Testaments from my Israeli personal spiritual advisor,
Reverend Ruth Harris (Messianic Jew, born in Tel Aviv, Israel)
Holy Trinity Benedictine Monastery [St. Davids, Arizona]
- Attended for 6 months as a brother initiate considering the Priesthood, under Abbot Father Lewis
Pecos New Mexico Benedictine Monastery [Pecos, New Mexico]
- Attended for a several-week study on becoming a spiritual advisor, under Abbot David Garretts
- Studied Jungian psychology and dream analysis
Franciscan Third-Order Community [Montrose, Colorado]
- Attended for 3 months Franciscan Third-Order Community and first learned of sustainable building and dome construction
SERVICE MINISTRY EXPERIENCE
Nicky Cruz Organization (Halfway Houses) [Huntington, West Virginia & Fayetteville, North Carolina]
- Counselor (1 year)
- Consulted with Nicky Cruz (of the movie and book The Cross and The Switchblade fame) on several occasions
Lost and Found Ministries (Reverend Pete Peterson) [ 4th Avenue, Tucson, Arizona]
- Counselor (1 year)
CENTRUM of Hollywood [Hollywood, California]
- Counselor with 24-hour help line
- Director of Hollywood Free Theater (that was to be opened on Hollywood Boulevard). Was selected over many applicants by the Board, which included Pat Boone, Catherine B. DeMill Quinn (Cecil B. DeMill’s daughter and Anthony Quinn’s wife), and Kleg Seth (Man-of-the-Year Award by Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and Director of CENTRUM), to name just three among other celebrities.
Youth with a Mission [Dallas (Walnut Hills, Bill Francis, Director) & Tyler, Texas]
- Student trades craftsman
- Street ministry
- Consulted with Keith Green, Director of Last Days Ministries and musician
- Counseled with and received a life prophecy from David Wilkerson of Teen Challenge Programs. This handwritten prophecy is framed and hangs in my office.
You have need of patience after you have done the will of the Father, that you might receive the promise.
Be not denied. God is not mocked, whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall also reap. You have sown the seed you will reap in God’s time.
No weapon formed against you shall prosper. Greater is He that is within you than he that is within the world.
If you do that which is right, who is he that can harm you?
Reevis Mountain School of Self Reliance (Peter Bigfoot, Director) [Superstition Wilderness of Arizona]
- Attended for 6 months learning how to live off the land. Lived in teepee, with no luxuries of life.
Son Light Ministries [630 N. 4th Avenue, Tucson, Arizona] 1977 - 1982
- Established first nonprofit organization and halfway house
- Ordained second time by Pastor Maynard Weisbrod of Calvary Evangelistic Center and Rev. David P. Strickland.
- Spiritual Advisors:
- Rev. Tex Young, Jesus Fellowship
- Rev. Ken Miles, Tucson Christian Fellowship
- Rev. Gilbert Garcia, Son Life Church, Inc.
- Rev. Gil Sandoval, Son Life Church, Inc.
- Worked with Pima County Jail pretrial release program under Director David Strickland, Dept. of Economic Security
- Volunteer Chaplain, Pima County Sheriff’s Dept. for the County Jail (1977-1982), Reverend Dan Burgoyne, Head of Chaplain and affiliated with Grace Chapel Church.
Global Community Communications Alliance [Tumacácori, Arizona] Co-founded with Niánn Emerson Chase. Formed in 1989 in Prescott, Arizona and Sedona, Arizona (1990-2007). This church, an IRS § 501(c)(3) multi-faceted organization:
- SUPPORTS Nonprofit Ministries and Programs
- Religious order (all religious order members take vows of poverty)
- Avalon Organic Gardens & EcoVillage
- CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
- Personality Integration Rehabilitation Program (for teens, young adults, and older adults occasionally)
- Global Family Legal Services (specializing in immigration for low income individuals and families)
- AFFILIATES with Nonprofit Ministries and Supporting Organizations
- Soulistic Medical Institute and Soulistic Hospice
- Global Change Multi-Media and Global Change Music nonprofit record label
For more information, visit these Web sites:
Gabriel of Urantia, Spiritual Author and Musician http://gabrielofurantia.com
Gabriel of Urantia, The Activist http://gabrielofurantia.net
Gabriel of Urantia, The Spiritual Leader http://gabrielofurantia.info
Spiritual Leaders and Other Public Personalities I Have Met and Others I Would Like to Meet
Global Change Music History http://globalchangemusic.org/history